Attaining or maintaining a healthy weight is something that a great deal of us struggle with every day, and are always looking for ways to succeed. Some companies will push weight loss pills or extreme diets, even in some cases something like surgery, but generally, all of those non-natural programs are not only not effective, they can actually be dangerous. What most people really need is just a comprehensive and healthy natural weight loss program.
Why Do So Many Weight Loss Programs Fail?
It’s well known that most diets and weight loss programs ultimately fail. This can be for a number of different reasons, or, more likely, multiple reasons compounded upon each other. Some of these reasons are:
- Unrealistic expectations of how long it will take for the weight loss to happen. If someone expects changes overnight, and they don’t happen, they are less likely to stick to the program.
- Failing to understand where the weight gain comes from. The equation for weight change is relatively simply: Calories Eaten – Calories Burned = Weight Gained (Or Lost)
- Water weight. This is an interesting phenomenon, because water weight is lost very quickly, then real weight loss happens much slower. This means that someone can lose a bunch of weight quickly, then notice they stop losing weight, or even gain some back, and despondent, give up on the weight loss program.
- Internal issues. It’s an excuse for some, but the truth is, there can be internal issues related to weight loss that make it much more difficult, whether that be digestive, metabolic, food sensitivities, or any of a number of other possible issues.
- Mental or emotional issues. There are more eating disorders than most people are even aware of, and each one can cause issues with weight gain or weight loss. Usually, these issues need to be dealt with first if there is to be any meaningful `weight loss.
So Why Naturopathic Weight Loss?
Naturopathy focuses on treating the entire person, not just one aspect, in this instance, weight loss. By focusing on an entire person and developing them into a healthier lifestyle, naturopathic doctors are able to deal with the problems highlighted above. It involves hard work on the part of the patient, both in sticking to the program, and in being satisfied with modest results. Naturopathic programs are available everywhere, so if you need to find a quality naturopathic weight loss program in Ajax, ON, you should be able to find a specialist that can identify and handle your specific needs.