For all of your life, you have hated your nose. You look in the mirror, and that is all you can see, how distasteful your nose is to you. Well, now that time has come. You have decided that you have the funds and the time to get a rhinoplasty or nose job.
Unfortunately, you are scared to death by the process, the surgery, and also the recovery. You feel that if you do some research, you might have an easier time of it.
After searching the web, you learn that these are the steps for a rhinoplasty.
- Consultation – Before anything is done, you must have a consultation with a cosmetic or plastic surgeon, one who specializes in rhinoplasty in Aurora, IL. During this appointment, the doctor and his or her staff will explain the entire process to you and will discuss what you want out of the process.
- Anesthesia – You will have IV medication.
- Incisions – There are two different approaches with cuts made through the nostrils or the base of the nose.
- Reshaping – The cartilage, soft tissue, and underlying bone are reshaped to achieve the result you seek.
- Closing – They will close the incision with dissolvable stitches.
- Recovery – You will be sent home to recover with instructions on how to care for the wound.
- Follow-up – You will be given an appointment in about one week to return to see the doctor.
To find the best surgeon for rhinoplasty in Aurora, IL, please check out the Center for Laser and Cosmetic Surgery today.